This easy, versatile, low-cal winter soup is the tastiest way to use up leftover ingredients from the pantry, fridge and crisper.
The ingredient of Minestrone soup
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 80g (1/2 cup) chopped deli meat (such as pancetta, prosciutto or bacon)
- 8 cups mixedu2028 vegetables, (such as carrot, garlic, green beans, onion, silverbeet and zucchini), chopped
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 400g can borlotti or kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 cups cooked pastau2028(such as small shells, macaroni or risoni)
- 875ml (3 1/2 cups) water
- Grated cheese, to serve (such as parmesan or mozzarella)
- Extra virgin olive oil, to serve
The instruction how to make Minestrone soup
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Cook the deli meat, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until golden. Add the mixed vegetables. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until just tender. Season.
- Add the canned tomatoes, beans, pasta and water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender crisp. Sprinkle with the cheese and drizzle with oil.
Nutritions of Minestrone soupfatContent: 406.061 calories
saturatedFatContent: 16 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 41 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 18 grams protein