This delicious spiced dhal soup is full of hearty vegetables and makes a great meal everyone can enjoy.
The ingredient of Spiced dhal soup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Coles Brand extra hot cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 cups red lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1.5l vegetable stock
- 200g plain yoghurt
- 1/3 cup chopped coriander
- 4 naan breads, warmed, to serve
The instruction how to make Spiced dhal soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 mins or until onion softens. Add the ginger, cumin, cayenne pepper and turmeric. Cook, stirring, for 30 secs or until fragrant.
- Add lentils and stock. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, partially covered, stirring often to prevent lentils catching on the base, for 20 mins or until lentils are tender. Season to taste.
- Top with the yoghurt and coriander and serve with naan.
Nutritions of Spiced dhal soupfatContent: 703.855 calories
saturatedFatContent: 8.1 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 116.9 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6.5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 37.1 grams protein
sodiumContent: 8 milligrams cholesterol