Serve this Mexican-inspired beef soup with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle of oregano.
The ingredient of Mexican beef soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g Coles Australian Gravy Beef, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 4 long red chillies
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 4 oregano sprigs
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups (750ml) beef stock
- 1 large green capsicum, seeded, cut into thin strips
- 2 large potatoes, peeled, chopped
- Sour cream, to serve
- Oregano leaves, extra, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Mexican beef soup
- Heat half the oil in a large deep saucepan over medium heat. Add the beef and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until browned. Transfer to a heatproof bowl.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until softened. Add the chilli, garlic, paprika, cumin, coriander and oregano. Cook, stirring, for 1 min or until fragrant.
- Add the tomato, stock and 1 1/2 cups (375ml) water. Bring to a simmer. Return the beef to the pan. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, for 1 hour 20 mins. Add the capsicum and potato. Cook, covered, for 20 mins or until vegetables and beef are tender.
- Top the soup with sour cream and sprinkle with extra oregano. Serve with lime wedges.
Nutritions of Mexican beef soupfatContent: