Individual Italian-style meat pies
The ingredient of Individual Italian-style meat pies
- 2 sheets (25 x 25cm) prepared-rolled frozen puff pastry, thawed (Pampas emblem)
- Melted butter, to oil
- four sheets (25 x 25cm) ready-rolled frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed (Pampas brand)
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 400g lean red meat mince
- 2 bacon rashers, rind removed, finely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Massel pork stock
- 120g canned Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 80g (1/2 cup) frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped clean oregano
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped clean continental parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 2 teaspoons water
The instruction how to make Individual Italian-style meat pies
- To make filling, warmness a heavy-based totally non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add pork, bacon and onion. Cook, stirring, for 7 mins or until onion is tender. Add stock, tomatoes, peas, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, cowl and simmer, stirring often, for 15 minutes.
- Blend cornflour with water. Add to beef combination. Stir over medium heat till it simmers and thickens. Set aside in a medium heatproof bowl for 10 mins. Cover and region inside the refrigerator for 30 minutes to partly cool.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 230u00b0C. Line a tray with non-stick baking paper. Invert 4 3cm-deep, nine.5cm (base dimension) character pie tins over puff pastry. Cut pastry 3mm from fringe of tins to cut out pie tops. Lift tops onto coated tray, cover with plastic wrap and vicinity in fridge.
- Brush tins with melted butter to grease. Line with shortcrust pastry. Press round rim. Cut off excess pastry at 45u00b0 angle. Prick bases with fork.
- Spread filling lightly into bases. Brush pastry edges with water. Place tops on pies, press edges and brush with egg. Place on a baking tray. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 190u00b0C. Bake for a similarly 10 minutes or till puffed and heated thru. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Individual Italian-style meat piesfatContent: 1280.562 calories
saturatedFatContent: 75 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 35 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 106 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 17 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 44 grams protein
sodiumContent: 211 milligrams cholesterol