The use of fresh mango in the marinade gives the chicken a beautiful sweet, sticky flavour without all the refined sugars found in store-bought varieties! Best served with steamed rice and fresh mint leaves.
The ingredient of Sticky mango chicken skewers recipe
- 6 Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Thigh Fillets, trimmed, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 mango, stoned, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 small avocado, stoned, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1 long green chilli, seeded, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup finely shredded mint
- 1 mango, stoned, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 tbs sriracha or chilli sauce (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup finely chopped coriander
The instruction how to make Sticky mango chicken skewers recipe
- To make the sticky mango marinade, place the mango, honey, sriracha or chilli sauce, if using, garlic, ginger, cumin and coriander in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place chicken in a bowl. Pour over mango marinade and toss to combine. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 1 hour to develop the flavours.
- Thread chicken evenly among 12 metal or soaked bamboo skewers. Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium. Cook the skewers, turning, for 10 mins or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 mins to rest.
- Combine mango, avocado, spring onion, lime juice, chilli, if using, and mint in a medium bowl. Season.
- Divide skewers among serving plates. Top with mango salsa.
Nutritions of Sticky mango chicken skewers recipefatContent: