Perfect as a canape, these mini chicken katsu rice patties will be a hit at your next party.
The ingredient of Mini chicken katsu recipe
- 1 cup sushi rice, rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup sushi seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 200g chicken schnitzel, uncrumbed, cut into 12 pieces
- Vegetable oil, for shallow-frying
- 1/2 nori sheet, cut into 12 x 3cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons drained pickled ginger
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup Kewpie mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
The instruction how to make Mini chicken katsu recipe
- Place rice and 1 1/2 cups water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until tender. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Stir in seasoning. Spread over a large tray. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Using damp hands, shape rice into 12 patties (about 2 1/2 tablespoons per pattie).
- Whisk egg in a shallow bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Place breadcrumbs in a separate shallow bowl. One at a time, dip chicken pieces in egg, then press in breadcrumbs to coat. Place on a large plate.
- Add enough oil to a large heavy-based frying pan to come 1cm up side of pan. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
- Place rice patties on a serving platter. Top with nori, chicken, ginger and onion. Drizzle with mayonnaise and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve.
Nutritions of Mini chicken katsu recipefatContent: 183.074 calories
saturatedFatContent: 8.1 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1.1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 20.9 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 6.4 grams protein
sodiumContent: 29 milligrams cholesterol