Soup sips are a great idea to serve with pre-dinner drinks. Use your favourite soup recipes or try these. Any leftover soup can be frozen for up to 3 months.
The ingredient of Soup sips
- Crusty bread, to serve
- 15g butter
- 2 medium (200g) carrots, chopped
- 1 small (100g) fennel bulb, chopped
- 1 potato, peeled, chopped
- 500ml (2 cups) chicken stock
- 100ml cream
- 50ml Pernod, optional
- 25g butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic, crushed
- 2 large potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1L (4 cups) chicken stock
- 300ml cream
- 300g English spinach, washed, chopped
- 400ml chicken stock
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 100ml cream
- 1 tablespoon sambuca, optional
The instruction how to make Soup sips
- Carrot & fennel soup: Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the carrots, fennel and potato and saute in the butter. Add the stock and simmer, stirring, for 20 minutes until the vegetables are soft. Blend until smooth, then stir in the cream and season with salt and pepper. Just before serving stir in the Pernod.
- Potato & garlic soup: Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add the onion and cook for 5-6 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute. Add the potatoes and stock and simmer for 20 minutes until soft. Set aside to cool slightly, then blend until smooth. Stir in the cream the return to the pan to reheat.
- Spinach & sambuca soup: Place spinach in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the stock, lemon juice and grated nutmeg. Cook gently for about 3-4 minutes until the spinach has wilted. Blend until smooth then return to the pan, stir in the cream and heat gently, adding the sambuca just before serving.
Nutritions of Soup sipsfatContent: 496.403 calories
saturatedFatContent: 38 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 24 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 24 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 12 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 7 grams protein