Sweet and salty chicken is a winner any time of year.
The ingredient of Chicken Roti
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1 lkg (no 10) chicken
- Olive oil, for frying
- 2 small fresh coconuts
- 2 teaspoons sugar, extra
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, extra
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, extra, crushed
The instruction how to make Chicken Roti
- Combine the garlic, sugar, salt and pepper and then rub evenly over the chicken. Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Pour enough olive oil into a large saucepan until 1 cm deep. Heat over medium-high heat and cook the chicken, turning often, for 10 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer chicken to a plate, pour the oil out of the pan and discard. Return chicken to the saucepan.
- Pierce 2 of the round indentations on each coconut with a skewer and then drain the juice over the chicken in the saucepan. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the cover and sprinkle the extra sugar and extra salt over the chicken and simmer, turning the chicken occasionally, for a further 5 minutes or until the liquid thickens to a thin sauce consistency.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, add the extra garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Pour the mixture over the chicken and turn the chicken in the sauce. Place the chicken on a serving platter and serve at the table.
Nutritions of Chicken RotifatContent: