Hearty lentil soup with a mild hint of curry flavour is the perfect winter warmer.
The ingredient of Curried lentil soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons korma curry paste
- 2 cups dried split red lentils, rinsed, drained
- 6 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- warmed naan bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Curried lentil soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add lentils and stock. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, partially covered, for 20 minutes or until lentils are very soft (stir often to prevent lentils from catching). Remove scum from surface (see card, p81). Remove from heat and cool slightly, stirring to release heat.
- Using a food processor or blender, puree soup, in 2 batches, until smooth. Return to saucepan over low heat. Add coconut milk. Heat, stirring, for 4 minutes or until hot (do not boil). Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with coriander and serve with naan bread.
Nutritions of Curried lentil soupfatContent: 476.088 calories
saturatedFatContent: 20 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 40 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 27 grams protein