Lamb shanks will simply fall off the bone in this hearty and healthy winter soup.
The ingredient of Lamb shank & quinoa soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (about 1.2kg) Coles Australian Lamb Shanks, French-trimmed
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, trimmed, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1L (4 cups) chicken stock
- 1 cup (200g) quinoa
- 150g baby spinach or baby kale leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Lamb shank & quinoa soup
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the lamb and cook, turning, for 10 mins or until browned all over. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until vegetables soften. Add cumin and coriander. Cook, stirring, for 1 min or until fragrant.
- Add stock and 2 cups (500ml) water and bring to the boil. Return lamb to the pan. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 2 hours.
- Remove pan from heat. Remove lamb shanks from soup. When lamb is cool enough to handle, remove and coarsely chop meat. Discard excess fat and bones. Skim excess oil from the soup.
- Return lamb to the pan. Add the quinoa. Simmer, uncovered, for 12 mins or until quinoa is tender and cooked through. Add spinach or kale and lemon juice. Cook for 2 mins or until spinach wilts.
Nutritions of Lamb shank & quinoa soupfatContent: