This hearty soup is full of healthy vegetables and aromatic spices to keep you warm this winter.
The ingredient of Curried parsnip soup
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons madras curry powder*
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 parsnips, peeled, cut into 1cm cubes
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped coriander, plus extra to garnish
- 1/3 cup (4 tablespoons) low-fat natural yoghurt
The instruction how to make Curried parsnip soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over mediumlow heat. Add onion and celery and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion is soft. Add curry powder, garlic and parsnip, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Increase heat to high. Add the tomatoes, lentils, stock and 1/2 cup (125ml) water, and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer rapidly, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until parsnip is tender. Meanwhile, combine the yoghurt and coriander.
- Season soup to taste and serve with yoghurt and extra coriander.
Nutritions of Curried parsnip soupfatContent: 235.654 calories
saturatedFatContent: 5.9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 0.7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 28.7 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 12.4 grams protein
sodiumContent: 4 milligrams cholesterol